MASHNOL offers tech how-to guides, software tips, gadget reviews, mobile app recommendations and video tutorials around all things tech.
How to know whether someone read Instagram Direct Messages?
Using Instagram Direct Messages feature you can have chat with other Instagram users. Whenever you send direct message to anyone on Instagram then you would definitely like to know, whether it is read by the recipient or not. Am I right? Like on other social networking sites or apps, you can know the same.
Top Instagram Tricks & Hacks:
- How to hide your Instagram story from certain followers
- How To Hide Instagram Photos (Post) without deleting them
Yes, you can know the status of the sent message whether it is read or not. As you can also send DM on Instagram to anyone even also you are not following each other. So, Let’s consider all the scenarios and check out how you can know whether your send message has been read or not.
- Don’t Miss: How To Send Direct Message On Instagram from Computer
- Don’t Miss: How to Log Out Instagram from All Devices Remotely
How to Know Whether Someone read my Instagram DM
Similar to any other Social Media app, Instagram also tells you whether your message has been delivered and read by the recipient.
There may be 2 scenarios:
Scenario #1. When the recipient is following you:
#Individual Message: In this case, whenever your message will be read by the recipient then you can see an ‘eye’ icon with the recipient profile name. This shows that your message has been delivered and read. Refer to the image given below:
#Group Message: If you have sent a message to a Group, then you can see the profile name of each Group member next to the ‘eye’ icon who has read your message.
- Recommended: Top 40 WhatsApp Tricks and Hacks 
Scenario #2. When the recipient is not following you
In this scenario, the recipient can read your message without you knowing. The recipient will get your message in a ‘request’ form. They have choice to accept or decline it.
- If they decline your message request, then you will never know if the recipient has read your message or not.
- If they accept your message request, then you can easily know as explained in Scenario #1.
So, you can easily know whether your sent message has been read by the recipient or not. But, you can not know the exact time when it was actually read. Hope, maybe in future, Instagram will launch this feature also.